Yesterday, Tuesday 12 January 2016, 44 new graduates completed the Entrepreneurship Essentials and were awarded their certificates at Bardege ICT Centre. They will now join the hundreds of graduates who have benefitted from BOSCO Uganda’s Entrepreneurship Essentials trainings.
The Entrepreneurship Essentials Course is a six topic, six week, computer-based training program. The Entrepreneurship Essentials Course helps to equip learners with basic skills in business and entrepreneurship. All participants who go through the course are able to perform basic business operations such as drawing business plans, marketing, costing and pricing, keeping records, business management and other basic functions.
Unlike previous graduates however, this class of graduates will automatically qualify to join the new Entrepreneurship Club Uganda (ECU).
The Entrepreneurship Club Uganda aims to bring aspiring entrepreneurs and small business owners together to create a community where entrepreneurs can collaborate and share successes and challenges with each other.
As members of the Entrepreneurship Club, participants will:
• Have the opportunity to gain knowledge and expand their business skills.
• Learn about opportunities for business loans, accounting best practices and more.
• Network with entrepreneurs and business leaders in their community.
• Develop and get feedback on their business plans.
• Practice pitching their business ideas by presenting to the club.
• Find a local mentor, or get a mentor through Accenture, one of America’s top professional consulting firms.
• Hear about local entrepreneurial success stories and get inspired!
Immediately after receiving their certificates, the students wasted no time and immediately began discussing strategies of how to operationalize the Entrepreneurship Club Uganda. Key suggestions that emerged included the following;
• Register the ECU formally
• Elect leaders to coordinate the activities of the club
• Start a revolving fund/ savings and credit scheme
• Meet once a week on Thursday; the first meeting will be held on Thursday 21 January.
• Carry out post training capacity building and support; e.g. get experts to come and build their capacity in specific fields such as company registration, tax compliance, etc.
• BOSCO support; members requested support from BOSCO Uganda to the club.
Look out for next week’s blog post about the business plan competition to be held by members of the Entrepreneurship Club Uganda.